- Informations CEO
- Organisation Vectorealism
- My advice / My idea Believe in Aperitivo! A famous sociologist, Mark Granovetter, said that weak ties are the best way to find business opportunities, and I totally agree with him. I don’t really believe in “elevator’s pitch” (sounds claustrophobic to me), I would strongly suggest an “aperitivo’s pitch”.
- My expertise about the subject The power of networking is a classical topic for sociologists, especially for the ones focused on organization and labor. As a researcher I’ve been part of a team who studied the famous “distretti industriali”, the peculiar Italian way of being very competitive in specific business industries by using networks of small and micro enterprises. But: what does it have to do with creative people? Apparently nothing, but I can assure there’s a lot to learn from history.
- My potential limits as a mentor As you can read in my previous answer, I could easily become theoretical on this topic. Speaking about practical contributions, I can say that my experience is mostly in the design and ICT industry.
- What expertise I’d like to find among the network, to complete mine? I’d love to learn how to approach networking in huge countries like the US, and share industry-specific tips.
Why it's relevant? How to use it?
The FabLab Network is an incredible example of a spontaneous, global and connected entity that shares the same vision and language. The website fablabs.io lists hundreds of organizations