- Informations Consultant - President - Researcher
- My advice / My idea An organization is a tool for the project. A legal status, too, therefore. But what is the most appropriate tool? Think about your business model, obviously. But also your value system! And don't forget that you are not alone... the other members of your team may have ideas, desires. And your institutional environment is also an element of the reflection. Depending on whether you are aiming for public funding or, on the contrary, fundraising, the choice of the appropriate status may vary. Even in the future life of the company. Freelance, Company, Non-profit, Cooperative, Commercial enterprise, the options are multiple ... and with an impact on issues such as taxation, wage policy, ...
- My expertise about the subject With Combustible, but also as a trainer, I have worked with all types of companies, small, large, public, private, underground ... In coaching, training, consulting, auditing ... On company creations, but also on changes of legal status... And I still work with a lot of companies in the music business (festivals, venues, producers, .)
- My potential limits as a mentor With Combustible, we have a good understanding of French issues. With a real expertise on the link between legal status, governance, management ... But the world is a big place, and legal forms can differ significantly.
- What expertise I’d like to find among the network, to complete mine? The knowledge of the legal status in the different countries, and of their more or less appropriate character according to the projects and practices constitutes certainly a major resource of the network of E.M.A. mentors.
Why it's relevant? How to use it?
This data sheet describes in detail a very specific context: that of music companies in France.
You should particularly consider the possible choice of legal status according to the local partnership context.
And extrapolate on your own situation!